Translate this page:
The best Spanish shopping experience: Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga
In our earlier news, we told you that the cost of life in Spain is about 10% cheaper than in the rest of Europe. Read our article to know in which sectors you’ll make the most of your money!
Before your holidays, we wrote this quick guide for your shopping experiences in Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid and Malaga. For every city, we found the best places for shopping, the traditional markets, the shopping malls, the flea markets and the different outlets.
Enjoy your shopping experience!
Madrid shopping experience:
- Shopping: Plaza puerta del Sol, Gran Vía, Calle Alcalá, Calle Montera, Calle Preciados, Calle Princesa, Calle Serrano
- Traditional markets: Mercado San Miguel, Mercado San Anton, Mercado San Fernando, Mercado De La Paz
- Shopping malls: El Corte Ingles, ABC Serrano, Primark, Principe Pio Mall
- Flea markets: The Rastro
- Outlets: Las Rozas
Barcelona shopping experience:
- Shopping: Passeig de Gracia, Plaza Catalunya, Avenida Diagonal, Born district
- Traditional markets: La Boqueria
- Shopping malls: El Corte Ingles, Diagonal Mar, Gran Via 2/Hospitalet de Llobregat, Pedralbes Center, Maremagnum
- Flea markets: Els Encants
- Outlets: La Roca
Malaga shopping experience:
- Shopping: La Calle Larios, Plaza Mayor
- Traditional markets: Mercado Central de Atarazanas
- Shopping malls: Muelle Uno, Larios Centro, Vialia Centro Comercial
- Flea markets: Mercado Central de Atarazanas
- Outlets: Factory Outlet Malaga
Alicante shopping experience:
- Shopping: Rambla de Méndez Núñez
- Traditional markets: Mercardo Central
- Shopping malls: El Corte Ingles, Centro Comercial Plaza Mar 2, Centrol Comercial Panoramis, Centrol Comercial Gran Via, Centrol Comercial Puerta de Alicante
- Flea markets: Mercardo Central
- Outlets: The Outlet Stores Alicante
Many very well-known international brands are Spanish! Buy those even cheaper in Spain.
- Zara Home
- El Corte Ingles
- Pull & Bear
- Massimo Dutti
Our tip: Don’t forget to ask for a refund of VAT if you are coming from outside Europe and buying for more than 100€.
Our tip: Don’t forget to ask for your 10% rebate at El Corte Ingles if you are an international traveller.