Spanish bank repossessions
Have a look at the two interesting papers we wrote on the subject: Spanish bank repossessions: Your ultimate guide to 120.000 properties which is our most recent paper and Where are the Spanish bank properties for sale? which was our first analysis of the subject. Last but not least if you are specifically searching on the Costa Blanca, here is the article: The last bank repossessions on the Costa Blanca? 12.000€ only?
If you are a financial investor, we wrote this paper in 2021: Are bank repossessions in Spain an attractive investment opportunity? It explains very well the process about bank properties.
Here is the exhaustive list of all the bank portals with real estate properties repossessed.
- Alisedainmobiliaria is the portal of the fifth biggest bank in Spain, Banco Popular (Santander Group now). The group sold more than 10.000 properties in 2016 for more than €1 860 m.
- Altamirainmuebles is the portal of Banco Santander, the largest bank in Spain. The group as more than €50bn of assets. You can find all the properties with a map, very useful. Many properties all over Spain.
- Banca March, a small bank in Spain.
- Bankinter is the sixth biggest bank in Spain.
- BBVA Vivienda or Anida, is the portal of BBVA Vivienda, the real estate subsidiary of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria. BBVA is the second biggest bank of Spain. About 6.000 properties, mostly land, commercial properties and offices.
- BMN Vivienda
- Cajamar properties are managed by Haya Real Estate, the portal of Bankia. Bankia is the result of a merger of four smaller banks.
- Cajasur inmobiliaria is a subsidiary of Bilbao Biskaia Kutxa (BBK) en Aurrezki Kutxa eta Bahitetxea. It has properties from Andalusia to Costa Blanca.
- Casaktua is the portal of Banco Banesto, the 3rd biggest bank in Spain. In 1997, Banco Santander bought the majority of this bank. In 2016, Aktua was acquired by Lindorff, European player active in Credit management.
- Grupo Ibercaja is the 8th bank in Spain
- Haya Real Estate is the portal of Bankia. Bankia is the result of a merger of four smaller banks.
- Kutxabank inmobiliaria is a Bank created in 2012 from the merger of 3 “Cajas” in the Basque Country.
- Liberbank properties are managed by Haya Real Estate, the portal of Bankia. Bankia is the result of a merger of four smaller banks.
- RuralVia, a cooperative bank.
- Sareb, as of June 2017, has a portfolio of 39 billion euros, of which 30% is real estate.
- Servihabitat is the portal from “la Caixa Bank”.
- Solvia is the portal from Banco Sabadell. It’s the fourth biggest bank in Spain.
- Unicaja Inmuebles is based in Málaga, it is a subsidiary of Unicaja which has a clear leading position in its home regions of Andalusia and Castilla y León.
Other banks selling properties are Novo Banco, Evo, EspanaDuero, Abanca, Caja Espana, … but we couldn’t find websites with those listings.
Don’t forget to do a good legal and technical due diligence before buying any bank property, here is where you should start:
Don’t know where you should start? Here is our main guide: Our ultimate guide to find your Spanish property