Find your local Spanish property lawyer or tax adviser anywhere in Spain
Click on any city to find your local real estate lawyer part of HTBIS network:
Alicante Almería Altea Andorra Ayamonte Badalona Barcelona Benahavis Benidorm Cádiz Calpe Cartagena Castellón Córdoba Elche Estepona Fuengirola Fuerteventura Girona Granada Guadalajara Huelva Ibiza Javea Lanzarote Lleida Madrid Málaga Mallorca Manilva Marbella Mataró Mijas Miramar Murcia Navarra Ojen Orihuela Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Palma de Mallorca La Rioja San Cristóbal de la Laguna Santa Cruz de Tenerife Sevilla Sitges Sotogrande Tarragona Telde Tenerife Toledo Torrevieja Valencia Vilajoyosa Zaragoza
Available soon – Looking for a Spanish real estate lawyer with offices in Spain and in your home country?
click on your country flag to check if we have already a partner, if we don’t have a partner, you will get our property buyers guide dedicated to your home country.
Don’t want to lose time? Ask us directly!
If you want to have a further advice from a lawyer from your home country we could help you as well.
If you don’t find a property lawyer in your city, just ask us directly we are constantly adding new partners and we will search in our network.
Independent means that they work to protect your interest, not the one of the real estate agent or the one of the developer.
Buying a property in Spain is easy as we described here The 9 steps to your Spanish Property but there could be many pitfalls.
We wrote an extensive article covering the legal and tax aspects of a property acquisition in Spain:
Why do you need independent legal and tax partners for your property acquisition in Spain?
Buying real estate in Spain: Is a Spanish Notary enough?
- Why an independent lawyer is strongly advised?
- Many issues could happen when you buy a property if you don’t do your due diligence properly
- That is why your Spanish lawyer will work for you hand in hand with the Spanish notary to make everything watertight.
Buying a property in Spain as a foreigner
- The practical aspects linked to the purchase of your Spanish property as a foreigner.
- Are you allowed to buy a property in Spain as a foreigner?
- Who is buying the Spanish property?
- What are the impacts of your matrimonial regime if you are buying a property in Spain?
- What documents should you provide if you are buying a property in Spain?
- How do you finance your Spanish property purchase? Do you need a mortgage?
Legal due diligence on your Spanish property
- Legal due diligence checklist for a Resale property in Spain
- How do you settle the IBI tax, “Impuesto sobre Bienes Inmuebles”, between the seller and the buyer?
- Pay attention to the pre-emptive rights from the administration
- Legal due diligence checklist for a new build (or “off Plan”) property purchase in Spain
- Once the construction has been finished a few items should be checked
Taxes related to:
- the acquisition of a property (new build or resale),
- the ownership of a property, and
- the sale of the property.
Inheritance, Estate Planning and Granting a Will in Spain
- The Spanish last will and testament will make the process of succession and inheritance over your Spanish assets quicker, easier and less costly.
Further reading? Check our dedicated blog with all our articles from our legal and tax partners specialised on Spanish Real Estate.
Here are some of our published articles on Spanish property laws:
- Our ultimate 2021 guide to buying your property in Spain
- What is the real cost of owning your Spanish property in 2021?
- What is the real cost of buying a Property in Spain in 2021?
- Your ultimate 2021 guide to your Spanish NIE number – NIE Spain
- Buying your property in Spain?
- Tourist rental in Spain: What is it? Is it legal?
- The limitation on housing rental price in Catalonia
- What are the Community property laws in Spain?
- Plusvalia tax: Big refunds could be on the way for home sellers over “Wrong tax charge” in Spain
- Inheritance, Estate Planning and Granting a Will in Spain
- What taxes do you have to pay on your Spanish property?
- What is the legal due diligence for your Spanish property?
- How to buy a property in Spain as a foreigner?
- Buying a property in Spain: Is a Spanish notary enough?
- Your ultimate legal checklist of your future Spanish property
- Do you plan to buy or rent a property in Spain? Consult your property tax advisor in spain first!
- How can we calculate the Transmission Tax on a Spanish Property?
- How to protect yourself against Hidden defects on a Spanish Property? Property survey in Spain
- An update on the short term rental regulation in Andalusia
- Property purchase in Spain with usufruct and bare ownership
- The municipal added value Tax on your Spanish property
- Tourist apartments in Spain
- What should you pay attention to when buying a property in Spain?
- Spain property tax: What are the taxes involved in the purchase, holding, and sale of your Spanish property?
- Do you want to rent your property in the Costa Blanca or in the Valencian region?
- Why buy a property in Spain ? The view of a Spanish notary
- Tax Residence, Why is it important for you? Why do you have to pay taxes in Spain?(Part II)
- Tax Residence. Why is it important for you? Definition and examples(Part I)
- Our top 10 advices for buying your property in Spain
- Top 8 tips for not wasting money when you buy in Spain
Alicante Almería Altea Ayamonte Badalona Barcelona Benahavis Cádiz Calpe Cartagena Castellón de la Plana Córdoba Elche Estepona Fuengirola Girona Granada Guadalajara Huelva Ibiza Javea Lleida Madrid Málaga Mallorca Marbella Mataró Mijas Miramar Murcia Navarra Ojen Orihuela Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Palma de Mallorca La Rioja San Cristóbal de la Laguna Santa Cruz de Tenerife Sevilla Sotogrande Tarragona Telde Toledo Torrevieja Valencia Vilajoyosa Zaragoza