Automatic translation from Google translate:
Spanish house sales increased by 17% in August 2017
The Center of Statistical Information for the Notaries in Spain just released the data for the month of August
- The housing sales in August stood at 27,301 transactions, an increase of 17% year-on-year.
- The average price per m² sold in August was € 1,160, a slight increase of 0.3%.
Financing and Mortgages
- The number of mortgages issued for housing increased by 10% year-on-year in August, to 12,072 new loans.
- The average mortgages had a value of € 117,878, +0.8% year-on-year.
- 44% of purchases were financed by mortgages.
- The amount of the loan represented an average of 78% of the transaction value.
By type of housing
- The sale of apartments showed a year-on-year increase of 15.9% (12.9% in series corrected for seasonality).
- All the growth came from second hand (18.3%), as the sale of new flats fell by 0.9% year-on-year.
- On the other hand, the sale of single-family homes showed an increase of 20.5% year-on-year.
- Second-hand price per square meter stood at € 1,289, +0.1% year and € 1,722 for new buildings, +3.8% year-on-year.
SHARE with the colour icons at the bottom of your screen