The best Spanish shopping experience: Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga
In our earlier news, we told you that the cost of life in Spain is about 10% cheaper than in the rest of Europe. Read our article to know which sectors you’ll make the most of your money!
Before your holidays, we wrote this quick guide for your shopping experiences in Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid and Malaga. For every city, we found the best places for shopping, the traditional markets, the shopping malls, the flea markets and the different outlets.
Enjoy your shopping experience!
Madrid shopping experience:
- Shopping: Plaza puerta del Sol, Gran Vía, Calle Alcalá, Calle Montera, Calle Preciados, Calle Princesa, Calle Serrano
- Traditional markets: Mercado San Miguel, Mercado San Anton, Mercado San Fernando, Mercado De La Paz
- Shopping malls: El Corte Ingles, ABC Serrano, Primark, Principe Pio Mall
- Flea markets: The Rastro
- Outlets: Las Rozas
If you want to read more on Madrid, check the article we wrote on the city: Real estate foreign investors are discovering Madrid
Barcelona shopping experience:
- Shopping: Passeig de Gracia, Plaza Catalunya, Avenida Diagonal, Born district
- Traditional markets: La Boqueria
- Shopping malls: El Corte Ingles, Diagonal Mar, Gran Via 2/Hospitalet de Llobregat, Pedralbes Center, Maremagnum
- Flea markets: Els Encants
- Outlets: La Roca
If you want to read more on Madrid, check the article we wrote on the city: Barcelona real estate market is rising
Malaga shopping experience:
- Shopping: La Calle Larios, Plaza Mayor
- Traditional markets: Mercado Central de Atarazanas
- Shopping malls: Muelle Uno, Larios Centro, Vialia Centro Comercial
- Flea markets: Mercado Central de Atarazanas
- Outlets: Factory Outlet Malaga
If you want to read more on Madrid, check the article we wrote on the city: Malaga is always a place for your dream house
Alicante shopping experience:
- Shopping: Rambla de Méndez Núñez
- Traditional markets: Mercardo Central
- Shopping malls: El Corte Ingles, Centro Comercial Plaza Mar 2, Centro Comercial Panoramis, Centro Comercial Gran Via, Centro Comercial Puerta de Alicante
- Flea markets: Mercardo Central
- Outlets: The Outlet Stores Alicante
If you want to read more on Madrid, check the article we wrote on the city: Alicante: the Spanish pearl
Many very well-known international brands are Spanish! Buy those even cheaper in Spain.
- Zara Home
- El Corte Ingles
- Pull & Bear
- Massimo Dutti
Our tip: Don’t forget to ask for a refund of VAT if you are coming from outside Europe and buying for more than 100€.
Our tip: Don’t forget to ask for your 10% rebate on your next purchase at El Corte Ingles if you are an international traveller. You have El Corte Ingles shops in Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, Alicante and Marbella.
If you are booking a city trip in Spain, don’t forget our nice ePostcards we wrote on Madrid, Barcelona, Alicante and Malaga:
Here are other interesting sources for shopping in Spain:
- Find the shopping addresses in the Spanish cities published by the official Tourist office in Spain
- Find the shopping addresses from Lonely Planet, the famous travel guides
- Allways check to tourist office of any of the city you will visit. If you search on our site (top right column of this paper) for any city, you will find the article we wrote on it and most of the time at the bottom of the article you have a link towards the tourist office of the city.