A quick feedback on our Real estate city trip to Valencia
We had a lot of requests on Valencia, the third biggest city in Spain, and that’s why we organised a “reality check” city trip.
Bernard, our local property hunter and architect, and Sophie, our local legal adviser, both confirmed that the market is buoyant. The real estate market was slow to start but it looks like activity and prices are confirming the real estate market recovery since September last year. At the same time, prices are close to 50% lower than in Madrid and Barcelona while being at 90 minutes with the fast train from Madrid…
Valencia is really a nice city with peace in it. You have a lot going on but at the same time, you can enjoy your time and life.
Life is very efficient, 15 minutes to the airport, an efficient metro network,… what else…
“Museu de les Ciències Príncipe Felipe”
Before checking all the opportunities we saw, we want to thank Bernard, our local property hunter (and architect) in the region of Valencia for organising those 2 days of visits inside and outside Valencia. We want to thank him as well for his insights and tips on the region,… you win 6 months a least and a lot of appreciable insights on this market. If you want to find a property in Valencia or in the neighbourhood, just ask us to put you in contact with Bernard.
Last but not least, we want to thank Sophie, our local legal and tax adviser for attending our evening lunch and giving detailed answers to the questions of the participants.
The goal of the real estate city trip?
Discover the city and learn if you want to invest or to live in Valencia.
The goal was NOT to invest in two days!
Here is the heavy program our lucky participants had the chance to attend:
Thursday 19th of April
- 10.00: Visit of 3 properties in the old city:
-138m², 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, to be renovated, €240.000
-143m², 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, to be renovated, €235.000
-120m², 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, renovated, €280.000
- 13.00: Lunch at the restaurant “Puerta del Mar” in the city centre
- 15.00: Visit of 2 properties in the old city:
-Duplex, 120m², 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, to be renovated, €240.000
-80m²+ 20 m² terrace, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, €190.000
- 17.00: Meeting with the team of a local real estate promoter. Check of the newbuild market and investment opportunities (yes there are many, ask us) in Valencia.
- 20.00: Dinner with our property hunter in Valencia, Bernard, and our local tax and legal adviser in Valencia, Sophie, at the “Panorama restaurant” with sea view in Valencia, as you all know, Valencia is where the fishermen invented the Paella.
Friday 20th of April
- 9.00: Meeting with a local bank: How to get the best rates while being a foreigner?
- 10.00: Visit of 2 properties in the city, a few meters from the beach, check the Video of one of those below.
-80m² + terrace, community pool, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, to be renovated, €340.000
-80m² + terrace, direct access to community pool, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, to be renovated, €390.000
- 13.00: Lunch at the restaurant of the “Hotel El Chalet” in Cullera (50km south of Valencia)
- 14.00: Visit a promotion with 7 villas to be renovated soon
- 17.00: Visit of lands in Benicassim (80km north of Valencia)
- 21.00: Well deserved Diner
If you want to discover Valencia, here is what we wrote last year: Valencia real estate market receives a lot of interest from foreigners.
If you want to check the monthly weather statistics of Valencia, read our infographic on that.
A few more pictures from our trip: The market: “The Mercat central”, many pictures of the old part of the city, the beach and the fountains of the Modernisme Plaza of the City Hall of Valencia
If you want to read more on the region, have a quick read at our article on the Valencian Costa: Everything you ever wanted to know about the Costa de Valencia.
Two other useful articles are the one on the Costa Azahar, the region just in the north of Valencia where we visited the city of Benicassim: Everything you ever wanted to know about the Costa Azahar and the region in the South of Valencia, of course, the Costa Blanca: Everything you ever wanted to know about the Costa Blanca.